You don’t necessarily have the means to pay a designer and you are not a Photoshop expert? So can go should help you in your quest to achieve beautiful images with ease!
Creating designs for your social media or business is no small feat. Besides the fact that you don’t just need to know the graphical trends to provide images that are up to date, you also need to master Computer Aided Production (DTP) tools such as Photoshop. Fortunately, there are now formidable alternatives such as can go which not only gives you a palette of tools for designing your designs, but also offers unique templates so that you don’t miss any visual trends.
👨🎨 What is Canva?
To create their service, the Canva teams started from a simple premise: DTP tools are not accessible enough (too complicated, expensive, etc.). Therefore, the company wanted to provide a solution to democratize graphic design for as many people as possible.
As you will have understood, Canva is therefore a kind of online studio, accessible to everyone through their browser, which allows you to create:
- visuals: social networks, flyers, posters, banners, invitations, email, etc.
- personal branding (resumebusiness cards, etc.)
- presentations (can replace PowerPoint)
- to make photo editing (saturation, filter, crop, etc)
- by edit videos : (animations, transitions, visual effects, subtitles, etc.)
Basically you can make anything with Canva.
The strength of the service is also in the many templates available† When you get started, you choose the type of document you want to create (social media, resume, etc.) and Canva provides ready-made designs to help you develop your creation. You can use them by adding your personalization, or just start from scratch.
📈 What are the benefits of using Canva?
The platform offers many advantages and is very complete. It allows you to design hundreds of visuals step by step and very naturally in different themes that I presented to you above.
The strength of Canva lies in these different points:
- Very user-friendly and ergonomic
- Good alternative to all other DTP tools
- offers more than 200,000 templates for your creations of all kinds
- Also covers video design
- Available online (via the browser or an application)
- Allows you to create visuals as a team
- The price ! (Free version and an accessible paid version, with 20% offered on your annual subscription thanks to our partner link†
Go to Canvas
First, you need to create an account to access the editing tool. You can then use Canva directly in your browser by going to your account section or by downloading the version available for Windows† mac† iOS True android†
Create a logo
- Choose a logo template or start yours
- Define the typography, the color and the different shapes that will make the power of your project
- Save the logo and place it on the marketing materials you use
Make a video
- Open Canva’s video editor
- Import your various elements (recording, music, voiceover, etc.) into the timeline
- Use the editing tools to cut and link your various elements
- Add effects (transitions, animations, etc.)
- Download your video in MP4 format
Create a presentation
- Meet in Canva .’s presentation tool
- Choose a presentation template or start “from scratch”
- Add your data, your texts, your images and others to the different slides
- Save your presentation
- Distribute it directly from Canva by clicking ‘Present’, with a slideshow or admin view to see your notes
Create a resume
- You can choose an existing template or make your own from scratch
- Add your content to highlight your strengths and experiences that will make a difference
- Customize your resume design with colors, fonts and shapes
- Save and upload your resume in the format of your choice
- Access your resume wherever you are, right in your account
🎨 What templates are available?
As I told you, Canva’s power is also, and above all, in its templates. There are more than 200,000 models that you can use in your creations. They are regularly updated to always be ahead of the current trends. You can find templates for:
- Presentations (16:9)
- Virtual background (Zoom)
- Business cards
- and more
🕵️♂️ Find inspiration on Canva
Besides being a graphic design software, the huge library of templates and archives makes Canva a formidable tool for finding inspiration. With its thousands of designs available, you can very easily draw inspiration from the best in the field to augment your creations.
💰 How much does Canva cost?
Like many current services on the web, Canva is a “freemium”, that is, they offer a free version and a paid version. Here is the different options that are available to you.
Ideal for freelance designers who want to create simple designs once. The 200,000+ templates will help you with most of your creations and you’ll have the basic tools to come up with any design. You also have a dedicated storage space of 5 GB. But if you really want to professionalize your work, it makes sense upgrade to the pro version†
Canva’s pro plan starts at $11.9 (€9 per month if you pay annually) and can go up to $27 per month for the Enterprise plan. With the pro version you have access to:
- 600,000 premium templates
- 100 million photos, videos and music for your creations
- Configure your brand and duplicate the graphic charter on 100 visual identities
- 100 GB storage space
- Program and publish your content for your social networks
You also have free access to Canvas Pro with the 30-day trial. If you want to create a pro account, I invite you to use our affiliate link: we negotiated with Canva 20% discount on your annual subscription, especially for you!
🙋♂️ Our take on Canva
If you’re an accomplished designer, creative director, or Photoshop expert, Canva might not be for you. Simply because the main goal is to make DTP (Computer Aided Production) accessible to as many people as possible.
On the other hand, if you want to create beautiful visuals and you are not familiar with professional tools like Photoshop or Illustrator, Canva is definitely the perfect alternative for you. The features I presented to you above are a real plus and save you time when dealing with software that requires great technical skills.
Of the professional version, you have the feeling of hiring a full-time designer for only a few euros a month! You also develop important creative skills.