Many are those who have been seduced by the cricut cutting machine† A tool that is useful not only for lovers of creative hobbies. Parents, school teachers, students, grandmothers, … see their daily lives revolutionized with the help of this easy-to-use machine that saves time in the realization of serial projects (for events) and ensures sharp precision and detailed finishes (impossible with a knife or scissors). Cricut opens the door to creativity.
What is the Cricut cutting machine used for?
You’ve heard of it, but you don’t really know what a smart cutting machine† Maybe you think it’s a new gadget that would soon find its way into the garage? Well, think again. Anyone who has adopted it can no longer live without it. That’s why we felt it was our duty to help you get to know this machine better in order to help you in turn unleash your creativity with ease †
Time consuming or not perfect, cutting projects can quickly become a nightmare if you are ill rested… cricut cutting machine simplifies the life of all budding designers or DIY enthusiasts by cutting all kinds of materials with precision. In addition to cutting, she writes or draws perfectly. Corporate creation, birthdays, baptisms, weddings, parties (Christmas, Easter, Halloween…) there are plenty of opportunities to develop your creative potential. With this cutting machine, we can do greeting cards, invitations, menu cards, place cards, labels, textile customization (clothing or decoration), party decorations, adhesive stickers, fashion accessories in fabrics, leather and leatherette, decoration, cutting fabrics and patterns, making wooden or felt decorations and many other projects . The only limit is your imagination!
When we do it together, anything becomes possible.
Together we create.
Cricut Joy, Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2: Which Cricut Cutting Machine Should You Choose?
Cricut develops cutting machines for each profile by adapting to the needs of each. That’s why the brand offers 3: Cricut Joy, Cricut Explore Air 2 and Cricut Maker.
We’ll tell you more about the specifics of each to help you choose yours.
These 3 machines are used using the Design Space application (available on computer, mobile and tablet). This didactic software offers ready-made projects as well as a range of images and fonts to make your project quick and easy. The integration of your own files is possible for free. It guides the user step by step from the choice of creation to the final performance. An $8.99 per month Cricut Access subscription provides access to more projects and visuals. The machine connects to the computer, tablet or smartphone via bluetooth.
- Choose your project (greeting card, Christmas decorations, label, quilt, etc.)
- Choose one of the templates provided in the application (there is a very wide variety) or upload your own file
- Attach the cutting or felting tool (thin blade, rotary blade, felt, etc.) as well as the appropriate support (cardboard, vinyl, fabric, paper, etc.)
- Let the machine do its job
- Collect everything and admire your achievement!
Let’s start with the presentation of the Cricut Maker and Cricut Explore Air 2 which have more similarities as both are equipped with 2 jaws to attach 2 tools, unlike the Cricut Joy where you only have one tool at the time can confirm. The design of the Cricut Maker and Circut Explore Air 2 is quite similar and they both have compartments to store the various tools and other accessories of the machine.
Why Choose Cricut Maker Cutting Machine?
The Cricut Maker is the cutting machine which offers the most possibilities as you can cut as many as 300 materials (from the thickest such as wood to the most sensitive such as thin fabric or crepe paper). Like the Cricut Explore Air 2, the machine cuts and draws simultaneously with its 2 tools. This one cutting machine is therefore suitable for those who want to use all kinds of materials for their creations and do not want to have an obstacle between their imagination and creation. If you sew a lot, this is the machine for you too. It simplifies your everyday life when cutting fabrics and patterns for projects with a maximum size of 30×60 cm (accessories, baby sewing, decoration, etc.). It cuts fabric, leather and felt perfectly by following the pattern previously loaded in the application.
The big difference with the Cricut Explore Air 2 and Cricut Joy:
Compatibility and the wider range of tools. It is the machine with the most cutting possibilities including materials such as wood, leather and thick cardboard, up to 2.4 mm thick with specific tools. You can easily cut fabric, which is a big plus for sewing projects.
Price: € 439.99
Why Choose Cricut Explore Air 2 Cutting Machine
The Cricut Explore Air 2 can cut 100 materials and the 2 jaws allow it to cut and draw at the same time. If you don’t need to cut materials that are too thick or too delicate and you want to make projects larger than 12 cm that combine writing and cutting: this machine is made for you!
The big difference with the Cricut Joy : 2 separate jaws, multi-material compatibility, cutouts up to 12″ x 12″ for 1.5mm thickness (vs 2.4mm for Cricut Maker)
The big difference with the Cricut Maker : Limited in its tool compatibility, will not cut balsa, thick fabric such as leather and will not engrave.
Why Choose Cricut Joy Cutting Machine?
The cricut joy cutting machine is perfect for those who want to get started with quick and easy projects in less than 15 minutes. It is ideal for organizing your interior with all kinds of labels and for creating beautiful greeting cards for all occasions.
The compact size and light weight of Cricut Joy allow you to create your projects wherever and whenever you want.
The differences :
- Her mate. Its small size is ideal if you don’t have much space at home or if you need to transport it easily. However, who says a more compact size, necessarily says projects of smaller dimensions than for the other 2 machines. The width of the mat is limited to 12 cm, but can cut patterns up to 6 m long.
- Insert card for cards. A feature (not available on the other 2 machines) that allows you to cut/draw on pre-folded cards with a colored background.
- A single jaw, but you can combine different actions on the same project by changing the tool for each new action without moving your project, unlike the other two which can link a cut and a drawing without stopping.
- No button on the machine. Everything happens directly on the application.
- The Cricut Joy has less power: it exerts less pressure and cannot cut thick materials like the Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2. However, there is the Smart Materials range for vinyl, iron-on and adhesive papers that can be cut without required for a cutting mat (a cutting mat is required for all projects on the other 2 machines)
Discover in photos ideas for creations made with the 3 Cricut cutting machines.