Groupe Legault is a vertically integrated family business in Quebec specializing in the pet industry, most notably with the retail chain Mondou. With its pan-Canadian retail network, multiple exclusive brands (Vetdiet, O’select and Petstory) offering a wide range of products for dogs and cats, and local manufacturing facilities, the Legault Group is the country’s benchmark in this sector.
Mondou has more than 1,200 employees working in more than 78 locations in Quebec. It is also the largest pet supply chain in the province. Since 1938, we have been providing products, services and advice for animal welfare and health, all with a personal touch. Thanks to our thorough and continuous internal training, each employee develops a thorough knowledge of the products offered in the stores.
Life at Mondou is:
- To work as a team and contribute to creating a unique atmosphere (job satisfaction is one of our values);
- A flexible schedule, the possibility to have every other Friday afternoon off, holidays and personal days;
- A dynamic and unique working environment on the edge of a lake;
- Work balanced at our new offices in Anjou and directly from home (hybrid model);
- A people team (and animals everywhere!) because you can (under certain conditions) take your pet to the office;
- To continuously develop your skills in a growing environment;
- A policy without lunch meetings;
- An on-site gym, coffee maker and other complimentary hot drinks and fresh fruit every day;
- Exclusive employee discounts via your pet hug card;
- Collective insurance (telemedicine).
Do you want to evolve in a growing and constantly evolving company? The web graphic designer reports to the head of creation and studio and works closely with the e-commerce, digital marketing and content marketing teams. The main responsibility of the position is to ensure the development of the website in line with Mondou’s brand strategy.
- Contribute to improving the customer and user experience (UX/UI);
- Develop the website visuals in line with the brand strategy (banners, flyers, hero, landing page);
- Participate in the continuous evolution of the site by proposing improvements (ergonomics, navigation mode, tree structure);
- Create responsive digital designs for different devices and different browsers (desktop/mobile);
- Developing visuals for paid media (social networks);
- Refuse the models in French / English;
- Meet usability and accessibility standards;
- Collaborate with the E-Commerce teams, programming, purchasing and the content team;
- Be sure to update the XD component library to facilitate model production;
- Presenting the different graphic concepts in a test environment (A/B testing);
- attend e-com meetings;
- Careful management of projects and monitoring of deadlines;
- Be sure to update banner and box templates;
- Perform other related tasks.
- Great sense of organization and attention to detail;
- Excellent autonomy and self-directed planning;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong creativity.
Experience and training
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience as a web graphic designer;
- Bachelor’s degree or DEC in graphic design or related studies;
- Agency work experience – advertising, marketing (key asset).
- Mastery of the Adobe suite (required);
- Experience with CMS (required);
- In-depth knowledge of HTML/CSS (required);
- Knowledge of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Commerce Cloud environment (an asset);
- Insight into the creative process;
- Bilingualism (French-English);
- Knowledge of User Experience (UX) (important asset).
To be happy at Mondou, you must:
- Enjoy meeting people and making connections;
- Remember that being trustworthy and honest is the foundation of all good relationships;
- Being passionate about animals;
- Collaborate with your team and create a unique atmosphere;
- Have a desire to continuously develop your skills and enjoy evolving in an ever-changing environment.