Alienware takes the next step with the launch of the 17″ AMD Advantage laptop and the introduction of the latest 480Hz display technology. These improvements will provide users with sharper visuals and a smoother, more immersive gaming experience, high-end technology and iconic design .
Alienware m17 R5: The Ultimate AMD Advantage Laptop
The Alienware m17 R5 delivers ultra-high performance and will be the most powerful 17-inch AMD Advantage laptop on the market.
Collaborative Innovation: Developing the Alienware m17 R5 Laptop, AMD Advantage Edition
The m17 R5 model includes AMD Ryzen 6000 series processors, AMD Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards, and new AMD Smart technologies. The latest optimization includes the new AMD Radeon RX 6850M XT 12 GB GDDR6 GPU.
The following AMD Smart technologies are compatible with the Alienware m17 R5 on certain configurations:
- AMD SmartShift Max: Dynamic power transfer between a Radeon GPU and APU system improves performance for gaming and content creation.
- AMD SmartAccess Graphics: Improves frame rates, reduces latency with battery optimization, allowing independent Radeon or Ryzen graphics to render and present while AMD FreeSync technology remains active. Only available on select models[ii].
- AMD Smart Access Memory: Allows users to get an edge with Ryzen processors to optimize the memory usage of the Radeon graphics card.
- AMD FreeSync Premium: Provides users with stuttering sessions with smooth, artifact-free performance at any refresh rate. This synchronization technology makes it possible to adapt the refresh rate of the graphics card to the screen for optimal fluidity.
The Alienware m17 R5 delivers optimal performance and responsiveness, allowing users to play seamlessly for a true sensory experience. The m17 R5 model also features Alienware Cryo-Tech cooling technology with cooling of the graphics card in the vapor chamber[iii] to ensure high performance in graphics intensive games.
480Hz displays are built into the Alienware m17 R5 and x17 R2 models
Users will experience new display technology now available with the Alienware m17 R5 and Alienware x17 R2 gaming laptops. Alienware FHD (1920 x 1080) 480 Hz 3 ms displays offer a host of gaming benefits: smooth animation for easier target tracking, reduced ghosting to minimize distraction effects, and lower system latency to quickly spot other players.
With the 480Hz display, gamers will immediately notice the benefits of high refresh rates. These displays are compatible with AMD FreeSync and NVIDIA G-SYNC with Advanced Optimus. Users playing popular esports games will be able to experience the full benefits of 480Hz displays, with the current generation of graphics cards.
The first 480Hz model is designed to deliver premium experiences with:
- Advanced Optimus: Automatically controls the built-in hardware MUX system to disable the iGPU and use the most powerful GPU in the system for better control over game performance and battery life.
- ComfortView Plus: An integrated, always-on hardware solution that reduces blue light emissions without compromising color accuracy.
- Dolby Vision: Delivers color profiles and optimal contrast far beyond the capabilities of traditional High Dynamic Range (HDR).
Alienware also offers UHD (3840 x 2160) 120Hz 3ms displays on the high-resolution m17 R5 and x17 R2 laptops.